Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cooking with Mom

One of Grant's favorite things to do is help cook! I enjoy his help, most of the time, unless it involves the stove or something hot. I know that I always enjoyed helping my dad cook. One of the things that I ALWAYS helped Dad make was Raspberry Delight! It was my job!! Well I decided to make it for a relief society activity a while ago and Grant decided he needed to help me. All I could think about was how much fun I used to have helping my dad. It was fun to have him help me!! I wish that I could make this with my dad again but luckily I have someone to help me!

Raspberry Delight
Crust-
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix all together and bake at 375 for 15 mins. Then press all but one cup into a 9x13 pan. Save the rest for the top.

Middle-
2 pkgs of dream whip
1- 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar

Prepare dream whip as directed on the package. Add the rest of the ingredients and cream. Spread on top of the crust.

Top-
1 pkg Danish dessert Raspberry
1 1/2 cup cold water
1 pkg frozen raspberries

In a small sauce pan add water and danish dessert stir continuously until boiling. Stir while boiling for 1 min. Add frozen raspberries. Pour over the dream whip. Sprinkle remaining crust on top. Chill several hours before serving!!

7 comments:

Cami said...

So cute! Sounds yummy!

Tina said...

That is so sweet! THe next generation steps up to the plate

Julie B. said...

my guess is your dad was right there when you made that raspberry delight the other day :) he's probably really enjoying watching the grandkids help out too!
ed tells me that he was a really good cook! I've never heard of raspberry delight. Is that a jello dessert?

Jenn H. said...

It is a pecan crust with dream whip in the middle. Then you use raspberry danish dessert, which is a type gelatin, on top of that. If you want the recipe let me know and I will get it to you.

Johnson-n-Johnson said...

could we get some more specifics on how to make this delight? Love you girk!

Texas Harveys said...

Boy I miss raspberry delight. I love eating it...can you mail that?

Mindy said...

Fun! We'll have to make some soon! Thanks for sharing! And what a cute little assistant Grant is, too... =)